Whether you are currently considering the purchase of a home or not, there is no time like the present to start preparing. It’s probably one of the biggest decisions you will make in your life. So you need to make sure that home ownership is right for you.
Educating yourself on many of the steps in this process can help you expedite the process.
- Is this the right time to buy?
- Are you prepared to maintain a home?
- Will you be staying in the area for a while – at least 5 years?
- Do you have a steady income?
- Can you afford a home?
- Do you have money for a down payment?
- Do you have good credit?
- Do you understand the home buying process?
- Will you qualify for a mortgage?
- Are your home expectations realistic?
Once you answer these questions you will probably have more. The following chart will take you through the different decision making and preparation steps to help you make the right decision for you.