FSBO Homes for Sale in Dallas GA, more commonly known as For Sale By Owner – isn’t that what every home sale is? Not quite. The words say it -you, the owner, are selling your home. But the difference between a DIY project and hiring a professional is the process of how the project is completed.
Here are some quick facts:
- 29 Homes for sale in Seven Hills on the MLS
- 20 Homes for sale in Bentwater on the MLS
- 6 Homes for sale in Governors Towne Club on the MLS
All of these homes will be competing with yours. But they all have a real estate professional working with them. Now, if you are a successful DIY person, then FSBO might be right for you. But when you are preparing to sell your home, there are things that a real estate professional can help you with. So let’s look at some interesting statistics from the National Association of Realtors.
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Statistics
- FSBOs accounted for 9% of home sales in 2012 selling for 22% less than an agent-assisted home
|Home Sale Marketing|
|FSBO||Real Estate Agent|
|Listing on Internet:||32%||100%|
|Sites with real estate listings (e.g. Yahoo!, Google, etc.):||11%||100%|
|Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.):||10%||100%|
|Video hosting websites (e.g. YouTube, etc.):||2%||100%|
|Friends, relatives, or neighbors:||30%||100%|
|Print newspaper advertisement:||14%||TBD|
|Open house:||12%||Broker Open House|
|Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.):||2%||TBD|
Most difficult tasks for FSBO sellers:
- Understanding and performing paperwork: 18%
- Getting the right price: 14%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 11%
- Helping buyer obtain financing: 6%
- Attracting potential buyers: 6%
- Selling within the planned length of time: 6%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 1%
If you were working with a real estate professional, you would have much more marketing exposure as you can see from the chart above, as well as assistance with the items above to make the process a little less stressful. If you were working with me, you would have all of that and also benefit from a website specifically about your home as well as social media marketing strategies, and my checklist book on Getting It Sold with checklists to walk you through preparing each area of your house to get it sold.
So do you really want to spend what limited free time you have selling your home or do you want to spend it looking at your next home and leave the sale of your current home to a professional.
If you are looking to sell your home, let us know. We will be happy to meet with you and discuss your options.