How can a buyer get interested in purchasing your house? Impression is the keyword. You just need to get your house ready to sell by doing some preparation. Get inspected by a professional if you want to put a little effort in for maximum results, or if you don’t want to spend much money by paying a professional you can do some of it yourself by getting your house ready to sell.
Now that begs a question, how to impress a buyer? Here are the steps for getting your house ready to sell to a buyer.
Beautify your exterior
What you do is just beautifying. The goal is to make your exterior look pretty and fresh to impress your buyer, since that is the first impression a buyer will have. There are two sensory organs of a buyer you must impress. Those are eyes and nose. The steps you can take to freshen up the exterior are:
- Get the grass, trees, flowers, and plants tidy and fresh by mowing and watering it.
- Clean up the curb and entering path and put some potted flower in the sides.
- Freshen up the smells by including some aromatic plants.
- Clean up all windows and entering doors.
- Get rid of lawn equipment by storing it out of sight.
- Paint the exterior if necessary.
Create A Cozy Interior
After a buyer has an impression from your house exterior, do some simple things to create a cozy home interior. It aims to make a buyer feel homelike when entering your house. These are the steps:
- Clean up the tile floors; scrub it if there are some bad spots.
- Get rid of spider webs from your ceilings.
- Wash the carpets with a fragrant soap.
- Place your furniture in a welcome manner and store unnecessary items.
- Clean the closets
- Clean the garage, basement, and attic
- Get the windows opened and clean, it will bring freshness to your house inside.
- If you have pets, bathe them.
Repairing and Replacing
Some repairing and replacement may be necessary to do, especially if there is broken furniture, equipment, or appliances. Just check out:
- broken or missing door
- cabinet handles
- ventilation filters
- broken tiles in bathroom and kitchen
- some furniture
Get your friends’ opinion
Ask some friends to walk through your home like a buyer, and offer some advice and suggestion to make your house better prepared to sell. And the most important thing is that your friends feel like your home is their own home.
As a home stager and professional organizer, we can help you with this daunting task. Just give us a call.