Walk through any store and you will see that it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. And regardless of your religion, holiday decorations are going up and celebrations are being scheduled. But selling your Dallas or Acworth GA home, or anticipating listing your house, is now the right time? And while you may be hesitant, here are some reasons to keep your home on the market during the holiday season.
- Typically only serious buyers look for a home during the holidays.
- Inventory levels are lower during the holidays so serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from meaning less competition.
- And since inventory levels are low, demand will be probably be higher for the few homes available. Increased demand usually means increased price.
- Companies usually hire for new jobs starting the New Year, and this can create transfers and relocation. This usually means they have to buy now so that they are situated before the job starts.
- Investors usually must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
Selling your home during this season may also mean that you need to modify your holiday decorations. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Decorate, but be tasteful. Holiday decorations may create a cluttered space, which can distract potential buyers. This might be a good year to hire a professional to decorate your home for the holidays so that it looks festive, but not distracting.
- Create a welcoming entrance. This can be a beautiful time of year, but nature can be cruel. Make sure to be mindful of safety and keep wet leaves off your driveway and walkways. If the weather gets very cold, ice can become a hazard. As the leaves fall, your home becomes more visible, so look at windows and doors as well as exterior painting to make sure your home presents itself in the best possible way. And look at your landscaping to make sure it is clean and neat so that buyers aren’t eliminating your home because it lacks curb appeal.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Be prepared with good photos of your home. Consider taking photos before you decorate for the holidays. Since the weather can offer a deterrent to home visits, many buyers will view your home online before they see it in person. So provide welcoming photos that will entice them to visit.
- Make it cozy. Consider raising the heat in your home during showings. And having holiday treats available for potential buyers helps keep them in your home longer.
- Price it to sell. Even though competition and demand may be in place for a higher price, the more realistically you price your home, the more a serious buyer will be interested. Work with your real estate agent to determine what a fair price is for your home.
Check out our Pinterest board for some holiday decorating ideas.
Local Decorating Services
Here are some local services that can help you with your holiday decorating:
Please note that you should always research any service providers before you hire them.
If you would like some information about real estate in Dallas, GA or real estate in Acworth, GA; or would like a FREE Home Valuation, please fee free to contact us. We would be happy to help you.