Get ready for the cold weather!
Winterizing Your West Cobb Home.
As the weather gets colder, it’s important to check around the house to make sure you are prepared. Did you turn off the outside water? Are your pipes OK? Here are some helpful tips. Make sure you have important numbers on hand also, plumber, insurance agent, etc. in case you need them.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Turn off your irrigation systems.
And when you’re done, go inside to check items below, and stay warm!
- Wrap pipes in crawl spaces and attic.
- Seal any leaks that could allow cold air inside.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to help the circulation.
- Allow warm water to drip overnight in faucets and showers (especially those located on exterior walls).
- Maintain the same temperature on your thermostat.
- Know where your main water valve is to turn off your water throughout the house.
WEATHER EMERGENCY INFORMATION
- To be notified in case of imminent weather warnings – sign up for CODE RED.
- PAULDING COUNTY – Emergency Condition/Road Closure E-Notification
- COBB COUNTY – Emergency Condition/Road Closure – txt “follow cobbcountygovt” to 40404
- Cobb County School Information for Inclement Weather
- Paulding County School Information for Inclement Weather – OneCall Now