How can a buyer get interest for purchasing your house? Impression is the keyword. You just need to get your house ready to sell by doing some preparation. Get inspected by a professional if you want to pay a little more for the possibility of maximum results, or if you don’t want to spend much money by paying professional you can do by yourself for getting your house ready to sell.
Now that become a question, how to get your house impressed a buyer? Those are the steps for getting your house ready to sell to a buyer.
Beautify your exterior
What you do is just beautifying. The goal is to make your exterior look pretty and fresh to impress your buyer. Just to inform you that the exterior becomes the first impression to overlook a house. There are two sensory organs of a buyer you must impress. Those are eyes and nose. By bringing the welcome home condition to your house exterior, you make it look fresh and welcoming. The steps you can do are:
- Get the grass, trees, flowers, and plants so that they are tidy and fresh by mowing and watering.
- Refresh the mulch in your beds so that they look fresh.
- Clean up the curb and entering path and put potted flowers or topiaries on the sides and front entrance.
- Clean the trim around your doorways and windows, paint if necessary.
- Clean all of windows and entering doors.
- Put any equipment away so that it is out of sight.
Make the Interior Welcoming
After buyer received a welcoming impression from your house exterior, you will need to do some simple works to continue that inside your home. These are the steps:
- Clean up the tile floors, especially the grout.
- Get rid of spider webs from your ceilings.
- Use carpet freshener on your carpets.
- Arrange furniture in a welcome and open layout, store excess pieces.
- Organize your closets eliminating clutter.
- Clean kitchen counters and remove clutter, but not so much it looks cold.
- Clean the garage, basement, and attic.
- Get the windows opened and clean, it will bring freshness to your home.
- If you have pets, bathe them.
- Clean bedding and make the beds.
Some repairing and replacement is usually necessary to do, so make a priority list and consider items that might tell a buyer there’s more. Just check out:
- broken or missing door
- cabinet handles
- ventilation filters
- broken tiles in bathroom and kitchen
- peeling wallpaper
- water stains on wood floors
- some furniture
Get your friends’ opinion
Ask some friends to walk through your home like a buyer, and get some advice and suggestion to prepare your house for sale. And the most important thing is that your friends feel welcome like they would in their own home.